Wednesday, May 10, 2023

NinetyForChill: The #Podcast with @CatBusRuss: Deadpool in 12 Parsecs featuring @CouchManBakes

 NinetyForChill.com: The #Podcast...with @CatBusRuss

Episode 119: Deadpool in 12 Parsecs featuring @CouchManBakes

Captain Dead Eva

Deadpool in 12 Parsecs featuring @CouchManBakes

2 days ago

One of the worse things about the Marvel Cinematic Universe is that they insist that you stick around until the credits conclude for what is essentially a tease for the next feature in the franchise. It is far more forgivable in "Turning Red" to just feature the father dancing to some boy band, but it is still not part of the narrative of the feature that you paid to see.

So what if you cut out the six minutes of credits and the teaser for an inevitable sequel to a feature that is only 50 seconds past 100 minutes? You have sold CatBusRuss on allowing "NinetyForChill: The #Podcast" to address Ryan Reynolds in his greatest role "Deadpool". Leave it to Andrew Tiede to find another loophole in the parameters of this movie podcast. Like Han Solo established, the feature is 100 minutes, if you round down.

As a bonus, CatBus pays tribute to the month of AniMAY by finally getting "Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence", and ends up giving more credence to the underappreciated quality of the controversial, live-action adaptation of the franchise. If only Scarlett Johansson and Reynolds would have made it, the synergy of this episode would demand admiration.

Allow me to get out of third-person. Happy Prof. Shurtleff of Illinois Central College? I (CatBusRuss) will try not to make so much light of violent death in this summation. This is my declaration of changing perspective.

I might need to look back through these blogs to see how tired I felt after watching "John Wick: Chapter 4". The last feature I watched was "The Last Emperor" which clocked in at 2:43:00. That is just shy of how long the conclusion (Pardon the spoiler.) to Wick's story was.

Sunday was spent composing a bonus episode for the "Ninety For Chill: The Podcast with CatBusRuss" feed and editing this episode with Andrew. By the time I got to Bernado Betrolluci's technical masterpiece, it was past 9 pm. Needless to say, it was not until 1 am that I got to smoking a bowl to fall asleep watching "Robot Chicken". Monday was a double, and I could not muster the energy to write this blog despite the recordings were all finished.

Tuesday was the same, but I felt more prepared. Netflix cannot send a DVD in time to give me something that would make my bedtime too late. Too bad there had to be a flat tire just as my work night concluded. Getting the spare on kind of left me pumped and in a tired but wired state. I think I got to bed at a reasonable time, but there was the tire to take care off today. And, with Mother's Day coming up, expecting Mom and Dad to take care of the little chores like laundry would be distasteful.

I am still determined to keep up the podcast, but the past week was tough. Unless guests want to stay up late, Sundays are the only day that I am certain can be made for podcasting. With that said, if you have a movie or topic that you want to chat about, send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/35958497003968842/
This blog maybe the product of a t'wired state. There is stimuli everywhere. I have AEW Dynamite on the tube. The wings are being fried. Laundry was completed. A last minute trip across town to pick up a prescription was successful. My fingers are telling a tale that has nothing to do with "Deadpool". That being said, perhaps I am just breaking the fourth wall.

2016 may have been my favorite year for comic book movies. "X-Men: Apocalypse" may have been the only one I did not see in the theaters. I blame Ally for not keeping up with the franchise. It made "The Nice Guys" the movie choice that I felt was more appropriate for a first date. That was a feature that I loved, but she was appalled by. I wonder how we made it to 3.75 years together.

There was "Captain America: Civil War", I am a huge fan of "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice", and I have a soft spot (or hard spot) for "Suicide Squad". But, you always long for your first, so I thank the Couchman for letting me bend the rules to cover this film. "Deadpool" is the comic book movie for real comic book fans. Deadpool is our avatar, and the movie is essentially a podcast brought to the big screen. I think we were obligated to chat about this movie at some point.


To keep up the theme of me being tired, I failed to realize that I should have just made a theme for the month. Is there even a segment of "The Calendar Girl" montage that recognizes May? Does it jump from Lent to Halloween? Why could we not have had a reenactment of Tom Hank's death from "Saving Private Ryan" to honor Memorial Day? Morena Baccarin telling Reynolds to "Earn this" seems hot.

The theme that I was implying was Ani-May. As it turned out, I did not have anymore 90ish-minute movies in my collection that started with the letter G to include in "Ally's Accessory Shop on Etsy's Trash Feature Revue" except for anime titles. One is universally declared non-trashy. That was "Grave of the Fireflies". Are we going to attach a downer to the "Deadpool" episode? No. We are not doing "Fear Dot Com (.com)" and "Zombieland" again.

At least "Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence" is an action feature. That is what "Deadpool" is anyway. Sadly, the only comedy stems from Batou's relationship with his basset hound.

I did leave that flick with a further appreciation of the "Ghost in the Shell" live-action adaptation. That feature is not as good as any of the anime that I have seen from the franchise, but it does its best to Westernize the story while honoring everything about it. At 107 minutes with lots of credits, that maybe a feature to throw on the podcast at some point. Anyhow, nothing is pushing me away from these Masamune Shirow-inspired creations.

Follow me on Twitter @catbusruss. If you want to be on the show, contact me on Twitter or send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com. All we need is a theme, movie, director, or actor and a focus on sub 100-minute material. As long as the credits start before the 1:39:59 mark on the runtime bar, the movie qualifies.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...