Monday, November 1, 2021

#Podcast: Venom - Screw Narrative. Let There Be Carnage

NinetyForChill.com: The #Podcast

Episode 42: Venom - Screw Narrative. Let There Be Carnage (and Glow Sticks).

Need better filters Snapchat

Finally, a comic book movie that can be featured on "NinetyForChill.com - The #Podcast" All we needed was a Tom Hardy vanity project. If you only focused on the craziness of his prior performance(s) as the character(s) instead of the action that surrounded them, this flick double downs on this formula.
 

 
Yet again, NinetyForChill ends up being a comedy of errors. I originally had a returning guest scheduled to discuss the "Bill & Ted" trilogy. The time scheduled for the podcast recording was 8:00 pm on Sunday, October 31. We will find out when we do record why the date had to be changed. Was it because of Halloween festivities to attend? Or was he just wise enough to realize that the trick or treaters might mess up the audio? I hope to find out for next week's show.

As for me, since moving out from my parents, I just do not want to deal with the hassle of providing candy. (My streak continues with this being the 11th year.) In my case, the entire population around me are strangers. And because I primarily live in the living room, the moment my door is opened, all my cool stuff is on display.

Crime has been following me since I moved to Champaign/Urbana. Aside from a noise complaint (over "True Blood" being to loud), it has not been something I have had direct involvement with. I do not want to promote that there is a PlayStation 5 in this neighborhood. Gods, what would I do if they got my CM Punk and Superman Red Son Funko Pops!?
 
Mom had just returned from England, so I did not think running to my parents' house would be an appropriate place to hide. Thank the gods for the vaccine and cinemas. It is a lot easier to hide with the lights out when you can actually have volume to amuse you.
 
So why "Venom: Let There Be Carnage"? Well, I have been trying to set up a date to see "Last Night in Soho". My suggestions for movies to see were that, "No Time to Die", and "Venom". She said she had seen "Venom", and no opinion was stated on the latest James Bond film. "The French Dispatch" should have been offered, but I digress.
 
We are still working on arranging the Edgar Wright date, so I chose to see the movie she did not seem inclined to see again. And that worked out perfectly for this podcast. I needed content, and the feature's quality (or lack there of), left me with no qualms in regards to podcasting about it immediately. In other words, "Venom: Let There Be Carnage" may not be a 4K purchase.

Do not get me wrong. I had fun with this feature, but it is not an improvement upon the original. The relationship between our protagonists is great and made it worthwhile. It is like, what if Deadpool and Dopinder were just chilling out. But there is a super villain to fight. A super villain who was the centerpiece to the only 16-Bit comic book video game I considered trying back in the 90s, and that was something this Andy Serkis's film removed the interest from.

If only it were directed as well as Michel Gondry's "The Green Hornet"An R-Rating would have helped as well. All I am asking for is 10 minutes to lay out why I hope there is a "Venom 3". Hardy's Venom and Brock are fun. This may be the ideal time for a Kevin Smith script.



My Twitter account is @catbusruss. This is where I want your hate to be directed if you disapprove. Otherwise, positive feedback would be best displayed as subscriptions to my podcast and five-star reviews. Lets work that algorithm.

If you think you have a film or franchise that you are an expert on. Send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com. Most franchises have at least one feature that will qualify for NinetyForChill. The runtime just needs to be between 74 and 99 minutes. We have four episodes to fill.
 
I have been asking for weeks for assistance in composing an episode dedicated to vampire features like "The Lost Boys" trilogy, "Near Dark", and the "Underworld" movies. Here is to hoping that this bunch of critiques will stir up some inspiration in my audience to step up and hold off on the garlic. If this is a topic you up for discussing, feel free to send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com. All I need is a half hour on Zoom to get this done.

I hope I am impressing or at the very least amusing you with this podcast and I am open to any and all criticism. My biggest want is more guests and more suggestions on what to chat about (@catbusrussrussthebus07@gmail.com@coolmoviesdarth). If we can get 3 hours out of "Little Nicky", the possibilities are endless. Thanks for visiting.

 
After WrestleMania Backlash, I will tell you that we need to take zombie pro wrestling back. My suggestion is that we finally get my low-budget zombie movie, "Main Event of the Dead" off the ground. The script lacks a lumberjack match, so you know it has got to be better than the "Army of the Dead" advertisement. Ask for a treatment or give me suggestions on how to get it to a crowd-sourcing stage with an email to russthebus07@gmail.com.
 
Pinterest @UCMMX2

Pinterest @UCMMX2 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...