Monday, January 9, 2023

NinetyForChill: The #Podcast: "Under Siege" with Couch Man plus Buffy '92

 NinetyForChill.com: The #Podcast

Episode 102: "Under Siege" with Couch Man plus Buffy 92.

If Skim can wear his whites, why not Seagal?

”Under Siege” with Couch Man plus Buffy ’92

Andrew "Couch Man" Tiede returns to "NinetyForChill: The #Podcast" to take on what is arguably the most legendary Steven Seagal feature, "Under Siege". CatBusRuss appreciates having the TikTok all star on the show to discuss this "Try Hard" due to his military experience. Prepared to tackle the logistics of this film, the two will address the legendary villainy of Tommy Lee Jones, the awakenings released by Erika Eleniak, and the carny nature that star Seagal lives by. If this violent classic does not intrigue you to listen, perhaps a review of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" will amuse you.


Allow me to get out of third-person. Happy Prof. Shurtleff of Illinois Central College? I (CM Darth) will try not to make so much light of violent death in this summation. This is my declaration of changing perspective.

This is going to be an interesting blog post for the episode. I am trying to type this up as I edit the podcast. Too bad this episode is a lot of fun to listen to. It maybe my first challenge of the year I suppose.

Could things be better? Of course. But getting two podcasts recorded in one night, only the company of a lady could have made that better. I might still be recovering because that was a lot of drinking. Domino's parmesan bread knots was not the best way to follow it up.

My first conversation had the most planning. Andrew Tiede was a great guest to have when discussing a military-themed action movie. We get the opportunity to chat about our young awakening to our heterosexuality thanks to Erika Eleniak and our disdain for what Steven Seagal had become...perhaps during this feature.

Of course we go off on a lot of tangents. By the point that I have integrated the "The Buffy Vampire Slayer" movie review into the episode, we have had three conversations about wrestling, Kevin Smith memories, and how we have done drugs. This is a PG-13 conversation, at least in terms of language, but the content might not be appropriate for those who have yet to have D.A.R.E class.

Why you would let your kids gain an education from a podcast discussing an R-Rated movie is beyond me. If your kids come out warped after these couple of hours, that is on you.


As for "Ally's Accessories Shop on Etsy's Trash Feature Review", I finally watched "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" from beginning to end. It was a lot of fun, but for both good and bad reasons. This might be the toughest movie for me to review because I enjoyed it, but it is still is not a good movie. Can I recommend it? Hopefully the review will give you all you need to know.

I hope you do not mind the minor movie review being in the middle of the episode. Let me know if you prefere jumping right into the primary movie, or you prefer the build up to the main attraction.


Follow me on Twitter @catbusruss. If you want to be on the show, contact me on Twitter or send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com. All we need is a theme, movie, director, or actor and a focus on sub 100-minute material. As long as the credits start before the 1:39:59 mark on the runtime bar, the movie qualifies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...