Tuesday, January 17, 2023

NinetyForChill: The #Podcast: Eva and Butt-Head Do a Podcast with Gregory Carl

 NinetyForChill.com: The #Podcast

Episode 103: Eva and Butt-Head Do a Podcast with Gregory Carl.

Eva looks like she is telling you what she puts up with

Eva and Butt-Head Do a Podcast with Gregory Carl

The foul-mouthed Gregory Carl returns to "NinetyForChill: The #Podcast" to exemplify what MTV's most recognizable characters of the nineties may have become if they were middle aged. CatBusRuss and Gregory discuss "Beavis and Butt-Head Do America".  It is a feature that is a celebration of immature comedy and how fun it truly can be, and perhaps the actual influence it had on adolescents who grew up with it.


Allow me to get out of third-person. Happy Prof. Shurtleff of Illinois Central College? I (CM Darth) will try not to make so much light of violent death in this summation. This is my declaration of changing perspective.

I bring up Gregory's potty mouth because after three "fucks" in the first 10 minutes, trying to censor this podcast seemed pointless. The only reason I would like to censor it is because this feature received a rating of PG-13. But, as we discussed the feature, being a cartoon may have allowed it some freedoms that the censors would not have allowed if it was live action.

Of course, Jim Carrey got a way a lot of these gags throughout 1994 and 1995. If it was not for the boom in gross out comedy at the turn of the 21st century starring actors who would have watched B&B, perhaps Hollywood would be a different place. Maybe I would have never argued the merits of the "Hangover" franchise with Billy Corgan.

This change in comedic taste may have provided us with Tom Cruises's most fun performance, Les Grossman. If immaturity was never celebrated like it was in this 1996 feature, would Ben Stiller had the nerve to let Hollywood's biggest star cut loose and make us forget about his scientology mania three years prior?

Aside from the humor, we were fascinated with the increased production quality. Did this take away from the feature's charm? Gregory had started to watch "Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe" and seemed thrown off by the fancy flash animation of today.

Since this is a Gregory Carl episode, we are going to talk about wrestling and growing up in Central Illinois. It makes me wonder if the "Monday Night Wars" and MTV's dirty toons were the only escapes that we had downstate.


Officially, we do not visit "Ally's Accessories Shop on Etsy's Trash Feature Revue", but iTunes did inspire me to check out an "Alien" knock off from 1985, "Biohazard". It was listed at $4.99, but free on Freevee, so I could try before I needed to buy. My experience is not documented on this episode. That is because Podbean is going to expect me to pay at least three times what I have been charged by the service to have all of my episode make my Apple, Spotify, and Google Podcast feeds.


Thus, I reissued my "It's Time for RiffCats", but since I plan a grand "Ally's Trash Features' episode, I swapped out the "Ghostbusters 2016" review with "Biohazard". Give it a listen here.


Follow me on Twitter @catbusruss. If you want to be on the show, contact me on Twitter or send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com. All we need is a theme, movie, director, or actor and a focus on sub 100-minute material. As long as the credits start before the 1:39:59 mark on the runtime bar, the movie qualifies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...