Monday, June 21, 2021

NinetyForChill: The #Podcast - ThePoeticCritic's Cinematic Chicken Salad

        Films Researched for this Episode: London Town (2016)

Eva Approved - Paw Licking Good


NinetyForChill.com: The Podcast

Episode 23: ThePoeticCritic's Cinematic Chicken Salad

Read more: https://html.com/media/#ixzz6jIeBsAn5

Not wanting to continue on with abbreviated episodes, Letterboxd's ThePoeticCritic was kind of enough to return to the podcast. The only issue was, what were we going to talk about? Fortunately, as long as it involves cinema, there maybe no greater mind for film history in the Heart of Illinois than that of my big sister.

She could be the Steve Austin of amateur film experts
. I think she does a great job taking the chicken poo that I laid out in front of her and turning it into chicken salad. The cost for this mayo-free meal for the mind, her having me watch the Cinema Snob's review for "Captain America" 1990.
 
Are Eva and Skimble fans or wondering where is there attention
 
It just feels wrong for having her deprive me of a virginal Albert Pyun experience. As a fan of his schlock, there is only so much I have yet to see. I am trying to recall an unwatchable feature from his (Notice that I did not use the term good.) filmography. Hell, "Heatseeker" is a film that I am still trying to track down. Does anyone know where to stream it? After purchasing a HDMI splitter and a HDMI to Composite adapter to copy all my AEW purchases that are soon to be lost, there is no reason I cannot secure myself a grainy copy of this grainy feature that never made it to DVD.

My apologies if I lost you during that rant, but let me throw this out there. Albert Pyun directed the Jean-Claude Van Damme classic "Cyborg" and at least two of the "Kickboxer" sequels. Surely someone else appreciates his Cannon Group qualities as much as I do. Hence, who is up for a podcast about his works. Volunteers can send their emails to russthebus07@gmail.com.
 

My older sister has primarily been catching up on movies from the 1980's, but when she became aware that I have been trying to get an episode about vampire movies off the ground, she was more than willing to offer up her limited knowledge on the topic. Our discussion about "The Lost Boys" and Joel Schumacher does not get to heated because it was so easy to talk up the importance of "Near Dark" and how that the film has many parallel's with other Kathryn Bigelow features.

Through this conversation, I got to see a more liberal and open side of my big sis. We get to have a discussion about the absurdist humor of John Waters and how Woody Allen, for better or worse, is one of his closest contemporaries (Style wise, not personally). This also leads me to ask if we needed a more absurd Stanley Kubrick. What sounds better: A nuclear holocaust or a pie fight? Which way would you like the world to end?



We also again tackle how #FilmTwitter may have too many woke keyboard warriors wanting Hollywood to produce the most inoffensive entertainment. The problem is, Disney is more than happy to give it to them. Basically, I try my best to call for Critical Race Theory to be brought to film school while TPC hopes for more indie features to course correct the industry.

In the end, it turns out to be fitting that I include my review for "London Calling", a brilliantly chosen addition from Ally's Accessories Shop on Etsy's Trash Feature Reviews. At this time, we may need to deify Joe Strummer.


With that said, I have been prepping myself for a vampire-themed episode. Thus, it will not be hard for me to come up with an "preview" episode to get the audience pumped for it. If someone will let me know that they are game for talking about "Lost Boys" and "Near Dark", we will have plenty of time to record it. Just drop russthebus07@gmail.com an email. Thanks.

I hope I am impressing or at the very least amusing you with this podcast and I am open to any and all criticism. My biggest want is more guests and more suggestions on what to chat about (@catbusrussrussthebus07@gmail.com@coolmoviesdarth). If we can get 3 hours out of "Little Nicky", the possibilities are endless. Thanks for visiting.

After WrestleMania Backlash, I will tell you that we need to take zombie pro wrestling back. My suggestion is that we finally get my low-budget zombie movie, "Main Event of the Dead" off the ground. The script lacks a lumberjack match, so you know it has got to be better than the "Army of the Dead" advertisement. Ask for a treatment or give me suggestions on how to get it to a crowd-sourcing stage with an email to russthebus07@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...