Tuesday, October 25, 2022

NinetyForChill: The Podcast - SkimbleSHANKS, ”Frankenstein”, ”The Invisible Man”, & "Booze, Boobs, & Blood"

 NinetyForChill.com: The #Podcast

Episode 91: SkimbleSHANKS, ”Frankenstein”, ”The Invisible Man”, & "Booze, Boobs, & Blood".

/Should I have gone with an Claude Rains filter

SkimbleSHANKS presents ”Frankenstein”, ”The Invisible Man”, & Booze, Boobs, & Blood

October 25, 2022

Rae and Ween from "Booze, Boobs, & Blood Podcast" come to "NinetyForChill: The #Podcast" to close out #SpookyMonth. When they took up Cool Movies Darth's offer to come on the show, it was mentioned that they had only scratched the surface of John Whale's filmography during their Pride Month episode dedicated to him. Thus, CM Darth is more than happy to further engage the Universal Monsters. The result, a drunken, foul-mouthed conversation about "Frankenstein (1931)" and "The Invisible Man (1933)".


Allow me to get out of third-person. Happy Prof. Shurtleff of Illinois Central College? I (CM Darth) will try not to make so much light of violent death in this summation. This is my declaration of changing perspective.

It has actually been a really trying couple of weeks. I think it maybe an indication that I am not a youngster anymore. When I say youngster, I mean in my mid twenties when I was drinking six nights a week. After this episode, sobriety does not sound like a bad idea.

I am not blaming Rae and Ween for this. Spooky Month on the other hand...

The boozing started with "The Night of the Demon" Podcast three Wednesdays ago. Thursday was dedicated to my free-lance trivia. I had to go out on Friday to be social. Saturday was KMFDM at the Metro where I soon realized that L7 was going to be there the next weekend. Sunday morning was a nervous breakdown over doing all of this only accompanied by my sense of alienation.

Beating up some Gopher fans at the Blind Pigs would have been a way to course correct. A night in county would have prevented me from falling into the lather, rinse, and repeat cycle. The same drinking pattern came about for L7 and the "Mothra vs. Godzilla" podcast.

Thankfully, the Southern Professional Hockey League season has started. I have not drank since the trivia night after I recorded with the B3 episode, and a trip to Peoria for Rivermen hockey would keep me away from the bottle. And the Quad City Storm best be glad that I was not drinking. Imagine how crazy that Twitter beef would have been if I was drunk and depressed.


October has been a month of extreme ups and downs. If only I could find a cohost to manage me. What it comes down to is that I have great nights like KMFDM, L7, and Podcast recordings, and then I have to return to reality. This is blog post now seems to be me thinking out loud. With that said, if you want to be a permanent part of the show, send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com.

Rae and Ween have their hands full. They each seem to have their own podcast outside of B3. If only I could be that busy...and smart.

These lasses from Cleveland's primary podcast provide extremely thorough rundowns of horror movies. This made them great guests for this show. I can be a little dense when it comes to subtleties. Rae and Ween wanted to chat about the films of James Whale because of his sexuality.

Cinematography, acting, and direction are things that I am great at criticizing. Picking up on motivations of all involved, that where you need the latter B's.

But, perhaps not the booze. It was a fun conversation, but we nearly ran as long as both films in length. There is a lot fun movie talk, but the tangents will run wild.


Follow me on Twitter @catbusruss. If you want to be on the show, contact me on Twitter or send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com. All we need is a theme, movie, director, or actor and a focus on sub 100-minute material. As long as the credits start before the 1:39:59 mark on the runtime bar, the movie qualifies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...