Monday, April 12, 2021

NinetyForChill.com - The Podcast - Episode 13: Flashdance Off with Ally, Alex, and Alice

Films Researched for this Episode: Flashdance (1983), Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988), Pumpkinhead (1988), and Groupie (2010).

Eva wondering who I am chatting with


NinetyForChill.com: The Podcast

Episode 13: Flashdance Off: Alice, Alex and Ally vs. The Killer Klowns and the Lycan (Just Press Play)


Read more: https://html.com/media/#ixzz6jIeBsAn5

NinetyForChill - The Podcast has entered a whole new world. My successful New Years Resolution (We will some day succeed with my annual goal of eating a Buffalo-themed meal everyday.) is now on the three major podcast platforms. So if you have been a fan, just type "ninetyforchill" in your search bar on the apps.

Podbean has offered me a chance to put my podcast on Amazon Music/Audible, iHeart Radio, Pandora, and Amazon Echo/TuneIn, but I am not sure anyone uses them to listen to podcasts. After a quick poll of the millennials at the bank, the Amazon Music application is being processed right now. They claim they will have it done in minutes, so the complete roll out may start with this podcast (And it will be. My thanks to the platform that allows any hateful douche-bag to self publish).

My presumption was, "If MMA on Point did not use anything besides the big three, why do I have to?" Well, this week's guest use to listen to podcasts on the second generation Amazon Echo that I bought her. If I want to encourage her to make her life easier and figure out the WiFi in her boyfriend's anti-chord cutting condo, I better continue accommodating to her.

I should not pick on her too harshly. She does her best to make sure this podcast thrives, and she was doing me a favor returning for her first full episode...since the first episode.

This week, we get to pick the brain of entrepreneur and this podcast's co-producer (Every Sunday, she finds me to give me at least three low brow movies to watch for the podcast.) Ally of Ally's Accessories Shop. Her return lets me pick her brain when it comes to her feature preferences. She was intimidated by the idea of coming up with a theme to chat about, but was eventually able to we resolved on discussing the dominant franchises of Sony's Screen Gems, "Resident Evil" and "Underworld".

Before she arrived at this, she mentioned the immediate sub 100-minute movies that left an enduring impact on her, "Flashdance" and "Killer Klowns from Outer Space". To ensure I could get the most content from her, I did my research, and now have one of these DVDs that I best try to drop back upon her.

We discuss the feminism concerns over Jennifer Beals most memorable feature, how the Klowns hold up in terms of other horror comedies like "Gremlins", and why zombies, werewolves, and vampires intrigue her so much. Is she on Team Edward or Team Jacob? The answer will surprise you.

As the podcast grows, so does the need for contributors. I can no longer play DJ and use eight second loops from any licensed songs, so if you have some tunes that you want to get out there, I would love to use them. Send me the info about them to russthebus07@gmail.com. You can also reach me on Twitter @maineventzombie.

And of course, I need guests to chat to. If you have a topic/theme, director or actor that you want to chat about from 30 minutes to 90 minutes, I would love to hear your pitch. Just send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com or a direct message @maineventzombie on Twitter.

Thanks for coming back to the NinetyForChill.com - The Podcast. I hope you enjoy.

And just because this came up on my YouTube feed: Let me introduce you to the real Hanson Brothers. Mmm Bop MotherF&^8'as.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...