Tuesday, March 9, 2021

The Podcast - Episode 8: The Brilliance of Stuart Godon, The Madness of Russ Stevens

Films Researched for this Episode: Robot Jox (1989), Daughter of Darkness (1990), Castle Freak 1995, Dagon (2001), Eternal Damn Nation (2015)


NinetyForChill.com: The Podcast

Episode 8: The Brilliance of Stuart Gordon, The Madness of Russ Stevens (Just Press Play)



Read more: https://html.com/media/#ixzz6jIeBsAn5

Thank you Stuart Gordon for creating nothing but gems that I am proud to promote. Too bad he passed away before I could get a chance to tell him to quit picking on cats and Downstate Illinois. Yes, Chicago is where I want to be, but I will not forget that I was Peoria Made. Daisy from "John Wick" was asking for it. A feline would have stayed out of Iosef and his gang.

The lesson this week is to always keep coming up with content. I ponder when I am going to get sick of that. Thanks to these little extra steps when it comes to documenting nearly every "new to me" movie I have watched since September of last year has allowed me to provide a somewhat genuine episode of the podcast. It is almost like I never missed a beat.

Of course there were some misses. I was unable to line up a new guest this week and that scramble was really frustrating for me. This is where I would say, "If you have been keeping up on my blog posts at MainEventOfTheDead.com," but there has been a back log since I am prioritizing promoting the podcast. With that said, some restructuring of my promotion schedule will be taking up my downtime today at work. That defeats the bringing "Pokemon White 2" to the bank, but content creation needs to be a constant in my life.

Creating content at least means I am doing something and have something to offer for my readers and listeners to invest in. But to be frank, I am still perplexed on how much less effort certain people put in to something to get people to invest in them. When you take in account how some of them treat others, their success can seem maddening. My forties outside of the podcast have sucked so far, but this is a theme to my adulthood. It is making life seem pretty pointless, especially when I have not asked for a cent.

I have only asked for advice on how to produce and opinions on my treatment for my pro-wrestling, zom-com Z-movie "Main Event of the Dead". 20 minutes of time is all I ask. If you want to offer that up, send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com.

Needless to say, watching and pondering how the hell this week's addition of "Ally's Accessories Shop on Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/shop/allysaccessoriesshop)" offering of trash cinema, "Eternal Damn Nation" was ever produced, did not help my state of mind. I guess "Brain Damage Films" thinks just producing content, regardless of quality, will pay for itself. Perhaps I need to get off my high horse and abandon wanting to create worthwhile material.

This is going to be a quick podcast and I promise to provide you with some great conversation next week. In other words, I do not have enough David Cronenberg material to devote 25 minutes to...unless I just pull all the references from the past episodes. Let me know if you want to hear The Poetic Critic talk about Jeff Goldblum killing cat monkeys again.

 

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c1/02/d8/c102d8dde6edf90f7135c69ec3438ad8.jpg

 www.madduckposters.com - Re-Animator - Frankenstein Homage - Vintage Variant



No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...