Tuesday, November 1, 2022

NinetyForChill: The #Podcast: Rock ’n’ Roll High School - Top Secret - Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

 NinetyForChill.com: The #Podcast

Episode 92: Rock ’n’ Roll High School - Top Secret - Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story.

Gabba Gabba Eva

Rock ’n’ Roll High School - Top Secret - Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

November 1, 2022

Next week (November 8), "NinetyForChill: The #Podcast" will present a round table conversation about the film that launched the auteur careers of Rob Reiner and Christopher Guest, "This is Spinal Tap".  To prepare for the humor and music, Cool Movies Darth decided to go on a musical-comedy binge. Roger Corman X The Ramones "Rock 'n' Roll High School", Zucker-Abraham-Zucker's "Top Secret", and the John C. Reilly showcase "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox" are all regarded as classics. What better way to prepare for a podcast that will turn the knob to 11?


Allow me to get out of third-person. Happy Prof. Shurtleff of Illinois Central College? I (CM Darth) will try not to make so much light of violent death in this summation. This is my declaration of changing perspective.

This waking up at 6:30 am is for the birds. I am doing well in regards to falling asleep before midnight, but that still means I am missing out on 10 hours of sleep a week. Where has the energy gone? This was something that I tried to preserve by skipping Goth Night and Goth Halloween.

The only drinking I did this past week was during the recording of next week's "This Is Spinal Tap" episode with the ThePoeticCritic and Rambling Ronnie. It was only for two-ish hours and I talked myself out of continuing through the weekend. Why must I suffer?

Could it be the lack of chicken in my diet? The body is revolting.

I best wrap this rant up. If we are going to do anything productive besides get an oil change with my rare weekday off, there needs to be a goofy blog for MainEventOfTheDead.com/DRCW Wrestling. Too have material, there is a need for me to shut the fuck up.


So, what should one expect from this podcast episode? Well, with how often I end up having issues with arranging for guests on the show, I am going to try alternating episodes with myself just reviewing movies on my own and someone like my big sister or Veronica to keep me in check.

With that said, I will try to use the solo episodes as a way to lead into the grander projects. This gave me an excuse to focus on movies I enjoy. There is no way I can guarantee this will happen every week. My current lead for the November 22 episode is Gregory Carl suggesting Chinese "zombie" movie "Sadness". We have just packed up spooky month. Do we need horror so fast?


There is also a need to finish up this year's Ally's Accessories Shop on Etsy's Trash Feature Revue. We still have X, Y, Z, and # to address.

To close out the new format chat, at least I will get these pleasant binges. This one finally allowed me to address a Zucker-Abraham-Zucker movie. With that stated, anyone up for "Airplane" or "BASEketball"? Send an email to russthebuss07@gmail.com.

"Top Secret" is fun, and I think maybe the best ZAZ movie, but it shows that they are/were never going to give us a perfect movie. I think this story just did not know how to incorporate the music.

That problem is also seen in "Rock 'n' Roll High School", but it is a little more glaring because it is Ramones propaganda. This stresses my need to see "Sid and Nancy". No message, no propaganda.

As for "Walk Hard", it is going to be part of the "This Is Spinal Tap" conversation. Perfect flicks deserve perfect flicks to stand by. Especially when they are essentially the same genre.


Follow me on Twitter @catbusruss. If you want to be on the show, contact me on Twitter or send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com. All we need is a theme, movie, director, or actor and a focus on sub 100-minute material. As long as the credits start before the 1:39:59 mark on the runtime bar, the movie qualifies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...