Monday, July 12, 2021

NinetyForChill The #Podcast: A 2nd Chance to Master the Schwartz and "Spaceballs"

   

Eva the Wise, Eva the Magnificent, Just Plain Eva

NinetyForChill.com: The Podcast

Episode 26: A 2nd Chance to Master the Schwartz and "Spaceballs"

The Schwartz Is Strong with ThePoeticCritic and The Kwazz

https://memegenerator.net

It is difficult to come up with an inclusive title for this podcast when it comes to my guests. I do not know how big a wrestling fan Jessica is. Can I picture her shouting, "I am the Kwazz. And I am Awwwesome!"
?

Others titles I thought of were "Two Women Show the Parody More Respect than Disney Did the IP" or "Two Women Take "Star Wars" by the Schwartz (or Spaceballs)." Those seemed too wordy.

This week on NinetyForChill - The Podcast, Jessica Kwazz from the "Second Chance Movies Podcast" expresses her love for Mel Brook's "Spaceballs" while ThePoeticCritic returns with the history of how this feature became a classic. ThePoeticCritic and I discuss why "Star Wars" was nearly abandoned while Jessica regales us with her admiration of cinema's GREATEST franchise.
 
I did the best to put together the audio Jessica captured (and figure how to do that for myself) from last week. Since my side ended up not getting recorded (I blame being a Verizon customer and their history of not letting us multitask with their phones.), her conversing may sound weird, but her knowledge and articulation get her points across. And of course this geek is not going to exclude "Star Wars" content.

ThePoeticCritic on the other hand is not part of the cult of Lucas, so she provides us with a more balanced look on the history and making sure we know that there was a time where the "Star Wars" IP was just passé. This perception of the product might be why George Lucas would dismiss the criticism of the prequels because "They're kids movies". We also go on to discuss how the parody movie craze maybe remembered in a far fonder light than it should have been.

As for next week's show, I do not currently have that mapped out. It can be kept brief, but after England's defeat on Sunday, a person to converse with to get my mind off of that would be greatly appreciated. Send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com with a movie, theme, director, or actor. If you promise to center the topic around movies between 74 and 99 minutes, audio gold should be the product.
 
If you need some suggestions, movies like "Fear of a Black Hat", "UHF" and "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story" can make for a great theme. ThePoeticCritic knew that Robert Downey Sr.'s satirical masterpiece, "Putney Swope" fits the pod's time restraints. There are also Tim Burton's early classics "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" and "Beetlejuice". Or we could just focus on movies Danny Elfman scored.

 
I have been asking for weeks for assistance in composing an episode dedicated to vampire features like "The Lost Boys" trilogy, "Near Dark", and the "Underworld" movies. Here is to hoping that this bunch of critiques will stir up some inspiration in my audience to step up and hold off on the garlic. If this is a topic you up for discussing, feel free to send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com. All I need is a half hour on Zoom to get this done.
 
 
I hope I am impressing or at the very least amusing you with this podcast and I am open to any and all criticism. My biggest want is more guests and more suggestions on what to chat about (@catbusrussrussthebus07@gmail.com@coolmoviesdarth). If we can get 3 hours out of "Little Nicky", the possibilities are endless. Thanks for visiting.
 
After WrestleMania Backlash, I will tell you that we need to take zombie pro wrestling back. My suggestion is that we finally get my low-budget zombie movie, "Main Event of the Dead" off the ground. The script lacks a lumberjack match, so you know it has got to be better than the "Army of the Dead" advertisement. Ask for a treatment or give me suggestions on how to get it to a crowd-sourcing stage with an email to russthebus07@gmail.com.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...