Tuesday, December 14, 2021

NinetyForChill: The #Podcast - "You're Next": A #Movie and A Call for Guests

NinetyForChill.com: The #Podcast

Episode 48: "You're Next": A #Movie and A Call for Guests (Not a Threatening Invitation)

Films Researched for this Podcast: You're Next (2013); Nocturne (2016).

Cannot cover Skimble's cuteness with a mask


Cool Movies Darth's plans for one horror movie podcast fell through, but fortunately you can rely on Lionsgate and Ally's Accessories Shop on Etsy's Trash Features Revue. This week, CM Darth takes a look at Adam Wingard's cult classic, "You're Next" and revisits the even lesser budgeted "Nocturne" from 2016.
 

 

It was a pretty frantic week. I had scheduled a recording just before I was to head back home to pick up ThePoeticCritic to attend my third Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo, but life being what it is, that guest had to postpone their appearance. As for the TPC, she did not really infer any direction by me bringing the podcasting equipment, so we do not have any material from the convention. Granted, her activities kept her to the floor, so it is not like there was any panel information that she could provide. Imagine her rage if I told her Giancarlo Esposito's next franchise he wants to take a part in is the Marvel Cinematic Universe. His strong points be damned.

We did attend "Mystery Science Theater 3000 Live: The Time Bubble Tour" at the CIBC Theater. It was a pretty good live show. I think their sketch segments may have been superior to the time I saw them perform with Joel Hodgson. The riffing of the feature may have even been stronger. "No Retreat, No Surrender" is a more ridiculous (yet grounded) feature, so this Roland Emmerich knock off of Steven Spielberg needed the MST3K cast to be on their A-game. If anything was disheartening about this show, it is the realization that Emmerich is an overrated hack.

Because this episode only focuses on two features, I did my best to edit it so that I could get in under the 15-minute YouTube cap. This means that a fair amount of my emotional ramblings about my C2E2 experience being one of feeling alone in a crowd had to be cut. With that, so went the individual thank yous to all of my previous guests. Sorry about that, but as you can see, I only had a second to spare.

I really need to apologize for my lack of gratitude. For the most part, this podcast is the only guaranteed socialization I have. Sorry that I lack Tuxedo Mask cosplay, but how do you not seem weird at a "Sailor Moon" fan meet up with a "Captain N" jacket or a Charlestown Chiefs sweater?

This episode closes out with my review for 2016's "Nocturne", a seemingly beloved z-budget feature. I have described the premise to a few people, and they thought it sounded interesting. It is a part of Ally's Accessories Shop on Etsy's Trash Features Revue, and for the most part, quality is lacking. "You're Next" is an exception. But, "Nocturne" was featured on a bonus episode, so this podcast officially adds it to the cannon of NinetyForChill.com: The Podcast.

My Twitter account is @catbusruss. This is where I want your hate to be directed if you disapprove. Otherwise, positive feedback would be best displayed as subscriptions to my podcast and five-star reviews. Lets work that algorithm.

If you think you have a film or franchise that you are an expert on. Send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com. Most franchises have at least one feature that will qualify for NinetyForChill. The runtime just needs to be between 74 and 99 minutes. We have four episodes to fill.
 
I have been asking for weeks for assistance in composing an episode dedicated to vampire features like "The Lost Boys" trilogy, "Near Dark", and the "Underworld" movies. Here is to hoping that this bunch of critiques will stir up some inspiration in my audience to step up and hold off on the garlic. If this is a topic you up for discussing, feel free to send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com. All I need is a half hour on Zoom to get this done.

I hope I am impressing or at the very least amusing you with this podcast and I am open to any and all criticism. My biggest want is more guests and more suggestions on what to chat about (@catbusrussrussthebus07@gmail.com@coolmoviesdarth). If we can get 3 hours out of "Little Nicky", the possibilities are endless. Thanks for visiting.

After WrestleMania Backlash, I will tell you that we need to take zombie pro wrestling back. My suggestion is that we finally get my low-budget zombie movie, "Main Event of the Dead" off the ground. The script lacks a lumberjack match, so you know it has got to be better than the "Army of the Dead" advertisement. Ask for a treatment or give me suggestions on how to get it to a crowd-sourcing stage with an email to russthebus07@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...