Tuesday, February 28, 2023

NinetyForChill: The #Podcast: B-Fest 2023: Kaiju & Blobs & Roller Disco & Dafoe Leather & Uwe Boll

 NinetyForChill.com: The #Podcast

Episode 108: B-Fest 2023: Kaiju & Blobs & Roller Disco & Dafoe Leather & Uwe Boll

Eva's expression is beyond appropriate for Uwe Boll

Allow me to get out of third-person. Happy Prof. Shurtleff of Illinois Central College? I (CM Darth) will try not to make so much light of violent death in this summation. This is my declaration of changing perspective.

Life has been pretty hectic recently. I have just started a second job, so finding time to write the blogs for each podcast episode has obviously been difficult. So far, Mondays have been free, but that is just the prelude to a 50-hour work week. By Sunday, catching up on all the AEW Wrestling programming is what comes first and foremost.

I am still determined to keep up the podcast, but the past week was tough. There was a recording scheduled, but other people have lives, so it did not pan out. Unless guests want to stay up late, Sundays are the only day that I am certain can be made for podcasting. With that said, if you have a movie or topic that you want to chat about, send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com.

Or, if you cannot be on the show, let me know of cool cinematic events that I can attend. Or, give me some feedback about the idea of a Patreon. I have to get gas money to drive up to the Music Box Theater every weekend. Two more stays are necessary for me to remain a gold member with Hilton Honors as well.

The actual solution to my issues is, again, to move up to Chicagoland. My landlords upping my rent another $50 like the prior year. What happened to consideration initially provided for the red stain that knocked $50 off my initial rent? What could that substance be?


So I think that means B-Fest was a success for me this year. I am bitching more about my life than enduring what is essentially a double feature in "Xanadu" and Uwe Boll's "BloodRayne". Regardless of the quality of the closing features, fun was still had throughout the two films. That is a step up from last year's "Godzilla" cartoon and "Beast from Haunted Cave".

It may have been the larger crowd. The audience must have been three times larger than the 2022 crowd. In other words, I did not get a couple of Italian exploitation films as a door prize. This larger crowd did allow for some shadow casts and other odes to "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". More importantly, I got to see Rick Moranis try to stand up to a leather suspender-sporting Willem Dafoe in "Streets of Fire".

"Big Man Japan" was awesome and "The Children" and "American Ninja" are the type of films that drive this podcast. With how hectic my life is, I am proud to say that I am already pumped for "B-Fest 2024". See you then.


Follow me on Twitter @catbusruss. If you want to be on the show, contact me on Twitter or send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com. All we need is a theme, movie, director, or actor and a focus on sub 100-minute material. As long as the credits start before the 1:39:59 mark on the runtime bar, the movie qualifies.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...