Monday, April 19, 2021

NinetyForChill.com - The Podcast - Episode 14: Rocky and His Cinematic Liver Shots

 Films Researched for this Episode: Nighthawks (1981), Cobra (1986), Over the Top (1987), Judge Dredd (1995), and Escape Plan - The Extractors (2019).

Skimble being Sly


NinetyForChill.com: The Podcast

Episode 14: Rocky and His Cinematic Liver Shots (Just Press Play)


Read more: https://html.com/media/#ixzz6jIeBsAn5

It does not seem like I could have made it as a wrestling promoter. I appreciate that people are inquiring about coming on the podcast, but none have committed to finalizing an appearance. My problem is, how do you be the right kind of pushy?

This is something that I need to figure out because Sylvester Stallone is no David Cronenberg or Stuart Gordon. There may be some weaker features in those two's filmography, but none feel like the gut punchess that are bad Sly films.

To his credit, Stallone has a greater deal of features that fit into the NinetyForChill.com parameters. He is very aware of what films he is doing for a paycheck, and which one he is trying to be an artist with. When it comes to the art, he is usually involved with the script or is helmming the feature. Of the movies I watched, "Cobra" was the only one which he penned, but it was produced by Menahem Golan and Yoram Globus. In other words, it is a Cannon feature and you need to listen to the Screen Drafts CANNON podcast to find the art they offered.

 

 

I will acknowledge that I did not get to binge as much as I intended. "Over the Top" may have been too much for me to handle. When I visited my dad yesterday (Three hours in a car after 13 days of working may have depleted my energy to rewatch "Judge Dredd".), the apology I offered him for taking us to see Nintendo's "The Wizard" was rescinded. He was no longer a martyr, but a hero. He did the right thing by taking the hit that was taking us to see theflick about bonding over 8-bit video games instead of introducing us to a "misguided" arm wrestling feature about coming together as a family.

My selling of this idea may have been off. A thanks was definitely deserved for putting up with "Super Mario Bros" and perhaps reiterated. When the week started with his birthday that I missed, he deserved so much more.

All of the Stallone films I watched with the exception of me closing the "Escape Plan" Universe are from the 1980's. When the 90's came along, action movies got bloated. This really makes me regret not rewatching "Judge Dredd". It was a comic book movie from the 90's that did not try to push the two-hour mark. All rarities are gems, right?

What we get this week is my visceral takes on the following Sylvester Stallone features:

  • "Nighthawks" from 1981: This is Rutger Hauer's introduction to the podcast.
  • "Cobra" from 1986: This was originally suppose to be "Beverly Hills Cop", and you can kind of tell, if you look pass the subtle fascism.
  • "Over the Top" from 1987: Menahem Golan gets behind the camera to make you ponder the trauma of his childhood and how arm wrestling is suppose to fix it.
  • "Escape Plan: The Extractors" from 2019: Stallone probably did it with an assurance that everyone would keep their voices' volume down to his level.

This is being typed up at the day job before I finalized the audio, so there may be an additional feature thrown in their. I am looking at "Judge Dredd" or the letter H addition to Ally's Accessories Shop on Etsy's Trash Feature Review.

I hope you enjoy this briefer episode. More importantly, I hope that you would like to become part of the podcast. If you want to "Be Our Guest" (Oh when Disney kept the cartoons brief.), send your theme, director or actor that you want to discuss to russthebus07@gmail.com. Just keep the movies between 74 and 99 minutes. Thanks.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/5c/0c/ad/5c0cad4532a31ae9a0a72ebeb80bbfb3.jpg

 Fresh Batch of Memes Ready for Consumption (25 Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...