Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Ninety For Chill: The #Podcast with @CatBusRuss - Sisu: WWII Wick & Prelude to MCU Next Tuesday

 NinetyForChill.com: The #Podcast...with @CatBusRuss

Episode 128: Sisu: WWII Wick & Prelude to MCU Next Tuesday

Eva is motivated to fight Nazis

Sisu: WWII Wick & Prelude to MCU Next Tuesday

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Help NinetyForChill: The #Podcast get away from paywalls by subscribing to "Ninety For Chill: The #Podcast with @CatBusRuss".

CatBusRuss has figured a way to kill two birds with one stone. It is now a question of how to get to that stone. Enjoying the physical media release of "Sisu" might be the perfect place to start.

Our host felt inspired to throw the planned Ally's Accessories Shop on Etsy Trash Feature Revue Triple Feature aside to tackle something that just made it to retailer shelves. This almost made the task of finding a Redbox that carried this Finnish, English-language action film fun.

Russ laments about the need for video stores to return and how he will be tackling the biggest movies in Hollywood in the future with the series "MCU Next Tuesday".


Allow me to get out of third-person. Happy Prof. Shurtleff of Illinois Central College? I (CatBusRuss) will try not to make so much light of violent death in this summation. This is my declaration of changing perspective.

It is late, and I will have to check Apple Podcasts, but I think I just got this episode done in time that they will still call my podcast a weekly one. With that said, my morning is free like my evening was today (still referring to Tuesday). "Black Lagoon" is good background noise, so I might as well get the blog out of the way.

I guess I just do not want to stay up too late. "AEW: Fight Forever" has a lot to explore, so that means I would probably end up seeing the sunrise if I were to be playing that. There is still a 4:00pm shift tomorrow. Energy will be required.

I suppose that I could have a cocktail or two, but I like to show respect to the stuff that I am buying. Who would have thought that I would become to snobby to be immature?

Or Snoop Dogg's message has taken over. "Smoke weed everyday". But I am far from being a stoner. Confusion seems to be dominating me. If only I could get more podcast guests to guide me. Ladies would only further complicate things.

I am still looking for a guest to record the July 18th episode. Offer me any movie, and we will fry up a slice of podcast gold. Send an email with your requests/demands to russthebus07@gmail.com. Sunday and Monday evening are available.

It was quite the day to discover that "Sisu" was the film I wanted to do the podcast on. I am afraid to say it, but I am one of those suckers for Steelbooks. This should not be a bad thing. With the shitty internet (It is probably just the modem, but replacing it myself seems to be too much work.), physical media will still be in fashion.

Hence why we need video stores. My idea is to open a bar where a rental is the cover. If anything, it would give me reason to tolerate customers who ask only for DVDs. No way would I trust drunks with Blu-rays. Perhaps it would have to be like high end karaoke places. Or it could be social inspiration. Put the movie info on the door. Who would not want to enter the room where Gregg Araki's "The Doom Generation" playing?

Instead, I am driving all over Champaign/Urbana to find a Redbox with this disc. The 4K Blu-Ray was purchased, but just in the event that I did not like it, I felt it was wise to rent a copy and have the option to return the 4K. The purchase was a bit of an impulse (to say the least). My credit card is maxed out, and I need the AEW season pass.

I must be getting tired because I think that I have teased the podcast enough. It just makes me think my life has been pretty dull. This all may just be hangover from England. There have been a few chances to socialize, and I have taken them up. Aside from talking about Ugandan characters from "The Book of Mormon" to a Ugandan, all seems pretty tame.

Thank the gods for ultra-violent European cinema. "Sisu" is not New French Extremities, but the violence gets a reaction with every act.

A side from "Sisu" and the planned AASOE Trash Triple Feature, the Marathon with Andrew Tiede has inspired me to finally get around to the bloated Marvel Cinematic Universe. If the triple feature were my 6, 8, and 10 o'clock shows, "Black Widow" would have been the midnight. But what if it was not any good?

"Hawkeye" was a fun series, and Florence Pugh's Yelena was cool. Julia Louis-Dreyfus was amusing in "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier", so I have high hopes. But, you can see why I hesitated. Or I did not want to dedicate an extra 45 minutes to a movie tonight. Regardless, I have my official reason. There is now a sub-series for this podcast, MCUNextTuesday.

So let me apologize for adding extra length on next week's episode if you step up to represent great cinema. It makes me want to invite ThePoeticCritic back on to mock with that. But again, I want to meet new people. I need PlayStation friends to "Fight Forever".


Follow me on Twitter @catbusruss. If you want to be on the show, contact me on Twitter or send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com. All we need is a theme, movie, director, or actor and a focus on sub 100-minute material. As long as the credits start before the 1:39:59 mark on the runtime bar, the movie qualifies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...