Monday, June 28, 2021

"Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters": Alphabetical Viewing Is Flawed


 
How I did I miss out on the "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" movie until two years after its release? It may have been too early for Adult Swim to release a film. It was 2006/2007, and when you add the failure of Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino's "Grindhouse", the general public was not ready to enjoy the charm of low-budget projects.

Thanks Quentin for fucking up everything you worked so hard to display. "Inglourious Basterds" may have been a spaghetti western, but with the production values of the project, it will only take true fans to appreciate the low-brow goals. The masses are asses.

Unlike the "Grindhouse", with just its limited animation, no one understood why people would see it after it tanked in its opening weekend. The cartoon that was with me through my decline into total loserdom performed no better than a "Forbidden Dance" flick, so maybe I was just struck too hard by this.

To pour salt in this wound, I never saw this disc for less that $20, so I eventually sold myself into accepting that it may not have been for me. I cannot be the fan they were looking for since I would not fork over the same cash I could spend on a season box set. Perhaps I should have just come to terms that I may never see this film.

For the past month (2009), I had renting a lot of movies. And a fair share of them, no one should pick up. If I am going to claim that I am a better critic than the punks from "That Guy with the Glasses" and justify my demand for a variety of B-movies to be shown at the Peoria Theater, I must give every, "this maybe cool" title a chance. Since I am only in the A's at Morton's video store, what other options do I immediately have anyway. I just hope ATHFCMFFT does not ruin the last couple of seasons for me.

I am a Cubs fan, so I hold grudges, and I will be pissed if ATHF did not deserve anything after this film. After watching "Absolon", it is just too much of a hassle to find out who will give me four hours back.

Frylock is determined to find out where he came from. Meatwad wants to get laid. Master Shake wants to get buff. Carl's Insanoflex seems to hold all these answers, but obtaining them will be quite the task.

The Mechanized Ghost of Christmas, the Plutonians, and the Mooninites are trying to possess the powers of the demonic exercise equipment as well. Will the answers be found? Will good conquer evil? Or will there be pointless casualties and just pissed off survivors?

So...ATHFCMFFT clocks in at 87 minutes. That is a minute short of eight television episodes. It would have probably have been more worthwhile to take that approach instead of the original "Battlestar Galatica's" movie treatment. The premise should not have been stretched to a full-length feature.

The film is funny throughout, but with such limited characters and a weak story, maintaining interest in the humor is tough. ATHFCMFFT's script is just one liners, so the film is nothing more than a joke book, and only the bored (or drunk) will take the time to read this book cover-to-cover.

There are a few great bits of animation that deserve more than being wasted on an ATHF episode, but most are at the beginning of the movie. The lobby snack film parody should be played before every movie. ATHFCMFFT gets the viewer in a to a state where we are open to suggestion before it takes the date too far. Physically, you do not feel much, but the mental scars remain.

The minds behind "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" may not deserve this harsh criticism. They only made the mistake of forgetting that "Monty Python" did a sketch comedy feature before they gained the ambition to make their latter pictures.

"Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters" was just overly ambitious and suffers for that. No matter how many Rush members provide cameos, there is nothing that makes this film a must watch.

The Drum Solo of Everyday living – Neil Peart on Aqua Teen Hunger Power : unbelievable


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...