Monday, August 22, 2022

NinetyForChill: The #Podcast - Ally’s Trash Feature Revue’s Covid Binge

NinetyForChill.com: The #Podcast

Episode 82: Ally’s Trash Feature Revue’s Covid Binge (And an ode to "Swamp Thing").

Skimble is there for Ally with sympathy snooze

Ally’s Trash Feature Revue’s Covid Binge

August 23, 2022

Cool Movies Darth is on his own this week, so he has chosen to go back to the library provided by Ally of Ally's Accessories Shop on Etsy's Trash Feature Revue. If anything, this episode will provide an ideal movie binge for those who have to take the time to recuperate from Covid-19. Sadly, that is what the co-producer of this podcast is going through. Wish Ms. Ally well and tell her to tune to this episode dedicated to nothing but quality films she found for $3.33 at the Champaign, IL Disc Replay.


Allow me to get out of third-person. Happy Prof. Shurtleff of Illinois Central College? I (CM Darth) will try not to make so much light of violent death in this summation. This is my declaration of changing perspective. 

I do not want to put too much pressure on my listeners to step up and be a guest on my podcast. Thus, the call for guests was made for next week's episode after I had thought the previous week's episode was published. Would you not know it, Podbean went and glitched on me for no reason.

That did not effect the people who expressed interest in coming on the show, but I did not need that extra pressure. Especially when looking at my stats, no one seems to come back for part two of a recording. My work schedule has yet to totally straighten itself out, so intense editing does not seem reasonable. It is just nothing but pressure for NinetyForChill: The Podcast. This is not what I signed up for.

I guess I should just appreciate that the shorter episodes, like my trip to the Trash Feature Revue, get good numbers. My ego should be pleased. But the perfectionist in me wants quality over quantity. Fortunately, the art of just bullshitting about movies has reached its groove for me, so I think this episode is fun.

At least I hope it is. When you are trying to get your ex-girlfriend to spread the word with the title, you do not want to let her down. Please do that with social media. Quarantine.


My last trip to the Trash Feature Revue was suppose to include a feature to represent the letter T, but time left me thinking that there was enough content for "Ally Presents: Puppets, Emo Vampires, and Christian Metaphors". I still ended up watching "Thir13een Ghosts", ironically in hopes of giving something for Ally and I to chat about for an episode (probably dedicated to Dark Castle Entertainment's films). At least that episode would have varying quality as the Matthew Lillard movie is the first feature from Dark Castle that I enjoyed.

"Thir13een Ghost" is not art. It is just campy and insane fun that make more sense than "The Reaping" or "Gothika". Finally enjoying a Dark Castle flick shows you how low their bar was set to inevitably hop over.



V was a difficult letter to represent, so I cheated a bit by revisiting "VFW". If it is any consolation, this was the result of a 4K Blu-ray purchase. It was not a pricey disc, but I could have just pulled it up on Shudder.

The real treat of this movie binge was "Upstream Color". I do not know if it is up Ally's space between buildings (Sparing you the pun) since it seems to deal with mental issues and paranoia plays a huge role in it. But, I have been spreading the suggestion on Twitter (@catbusruss) that Shane Carruth's film would be the ideal B-Feature to "Fight Club" kicking off a double feature. For all those who revel in the chaos of split-personality disorder, "Upstream Color" should put them back in their place.

Follow me on Twitter @catbusruss. If you want to be on the show, contact me on Twitter or send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com. All we need is a theme, movie, director, or actor and a focus on sub 100-minute material. As long as the credits start before the 1:39:59 mark on the runtime bar, the movie qualifies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...