Tuesday, January 31, 2023

NinetyForChill: The #Podcast: The Lost Boys with @CouchManBakes

 NinetyForChill.com: The #Podcast

Episode 105: The Lost Boys with @CouchManBakes.

Eva Never Grows Old, Never Dies

The Lost Boys with @CouchManBakes

Andrew Tiede and CatBusRuss investigate what maybe the spiritual sequel to "The Goonies", Joel Schumacher's "The Lost Boys". With this rewatch, our host was actually intrigued by ThePoeticCritic's opinion that this feature is nothing more than rose...should we say...blood-tinted nostalgia. Thankfully, this week's guest reminded CatBus the national treasure that is Timmy Cappello. These two eighties kids always have a ball watching this vampire feature, and throw in their parallel paths to their forties, we get some fun Cubs and wrestling themed tangents to accompany the blood sucking fun.

Allow me to get out of third-person. Happy Prof. Shurtleff of Illinois Central College? I (CM Darth) will try not to make so much light of violent death in this summation. This is my declaration of changing perspective.

It was a busy weekend for the podcast. With a management shake up, I had to work over the weekend, but still managed to get two recording in on Sunday. This is coming off a trivia and goth night that resulted in my nearly destroying my left knee. Alcohol was obviously involved for that to occur. There were two days to recover, but four hours of podcasting means a lot more booze. Jeppson's Malort will one day sponsor me.

With the mention of Malort, we do bring up a lot of masochism in regards to our Cubs fandom and wrestling stories. Andrew and I discuss the best Cubs logos and tattoos and the Rhodes's family recent success. And how that success maybe karma correcting the world after my Terry Funk to Dustin stinkface tale.

Also when it comes to the Cubs pain, the fire sale and the Bartman incident are discussed. It leads to a conversation about Bernie Mac (and Richard Pryor) and learning how watching "The Kings of Comedy" on the opening weekend does not give one's vocabulary any flexibility. That is a weird tangent in a movie that features no minorities in it.

I may have suggested this movie is really for the fans of Richard Donner's "The Goonies" while Andrew stands by this feature being a treasure of the eighties. The love for Timmy Cappello we expressed may have led me to embrace the Couchman's argument. It also lets us celebrate seeming constant bat shit expressions that Joel Schumacher demands his features have.


Officially, we do not visit "Ally's Accessories Shop on Etsy's Trash Feature Revue", but in the event that I could not nail down this recording, I revisited the low-budget, Canadian horror-comedy, "Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter". This is a fun feature that is nearly perfect for what it is. It hits the mark so well, some, or at least I, may suggest that it is technically a better movie than "The Lost Boys".

Perhaps I am letting ThePoeticCritic's Letterboxd have too much influence over me. Does Andrew Tiede talk me into keeping the premier story of the Coreys as a four-star feature? Am I just trying to balance out my Letterboxd rating curve? With my efforts to prepare to move to a new podcast platform, I hope to get this all straightened out. Thanks for coming on this journey.


Follow me on Twitter @catbusruss. If you want to be on the show, contact me on Twitter or send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com. All we need is a theme, movie, director, or actor and a focus on sub 100-minute material. As long as the credits start before the 1:39:59 mark on the runtime bar, the movie qualifies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...