Tuesday, October 18, 2022

NinetyForChill: The Podcast - SkimbleSHANKS presents: Mothra vs. Godzilla vs. ThePoeticCritic

 NinetyForChill.com: The #Podcast

Episode 90: SkimbleSHANKS presents: Mothra vs. Godzilla vs. ThePoeticCritic.

Appropriate Tongue Out Tuesday Podcast Drop

SkimbleSHANKS presents: Mothra vs. Godzilla vs. ThePoeticCritic

October 18, 2022

ThePoeticCritic joins the likes of Gregory Carl as one of NinetyForChill's annual spooky month guests as she comes to chat about Kaiju movies. Cool Movies Darth did not know that his big sister had purchased the Criterion Collection's complete "Godzilla" box set, so he may have underestimated the knowledge that would be brought to the show. He gets to chat about the modern, less fun features, but TPC from Pumpkin Town brings the A-Grade knowledge about giant monsters to this episode.


Allow me to get out of third-person. Happy Prof. Shurtleff of Illinois Central College? I (CM Darth) will try not to make so much light of violent death in this summation. This is my declaration of changing perspective.

As I copy and pasted the last paragraph from two episodes ago (House), passive aggression maybe my only means of aggression. This week's #SpookyMonth bonus episode is the complete conversation with Mitchell Whitt from "Morbidly Macabre" about "Dance of the Dead". After expressing criticism about his podcast's "Chris Benoit" episode, Michell took at least two weeks insulting me on that show. 

This had been mentioned on this podcast before, but I never went deep into it. I figure when I release a 2 hour 45 minute bonus episode, I better explain what is going on before letting the conversation commence. Sadly, nailing that intro was my priority, so immediately calling him out for being an egotistical psychopath did not happen.

There is a link to his show. Give the episodes from "Columbine" to "Child Star Tragedies" a try, and it will speak for itself. Why scream it out I suppose when you can get him some listens? Let him show how awful and two-faced he is. I only wonder how he would react if I posted the review on a podcast platform instead of Facebook.


I wish I could be more like "Godzilla". This guy just straight up chooses violence. ThePoeticCritic helps me understand the modus operandi of the original King of the Monsters. Until he gets a more ferocious kaiju to challenge for his crown, he could care less about the little people.

This is what makes Mothra so cool. She is quick to negotiate. It really makes me further dislike the Legendary Pictures Monster-Verse. Mothra is just a foot note, a means to prolong "Godzilla: King of the Monsters". That movie is 2 hours and 20 minutes long. "Mothra vs. Godzilla" is 50 minutes shorter.

It focuses on fun. Samuel L. Jackson versus King Kong was definitely fun. Deciding that Rinko Kikuchi can only serve as a means to shows there are stakes in a Kaiju franchise sequel is not. Jackson did not make it to "Godzilla vs. Kong" and I am pretty sure that John C. Reilly's character from "Kong: Skull Island" would not be alive for the latest HBO Max movie. If it is not Guillermo Del Toro offering anime and monster movie fan service, I am out.

When it comes to ThePoeticCritic, it seems it would take a lot are arm twisting for her to verify the current kaiju scene. Perhaps she has too much knowledge about these monster. Anything more would be excessive. Thus, I did pick her brain about what else she has been watching.

We will get to hear about a "classic" Michael Biehn flick in "The Fan". We address Hitchcock's "Dial M for Murder" in 3D. She also suggest a wide release for a Hanna-Barbera Halloween special.


Follow me on Twitter @catbusruss. If you want to be on the show, contact me on Twitter or send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com. All we need is a theme, movie, director, or actor and a focus on sub 100-minute material. As long as the credits start before the 1:39:59 mark on the runtime bar, the movie qualifies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...