Monday, December 20, 2021

NinetyForChill: The #Podcast - Buddy the Elf's Zombie Diary

NinetyForChill.com: The #Podcast

Episode 49: Buddy the Elf and His Zombie Diary (A Pitch Favreau, Caan, and Ferrell Can't Turn Down)

Films Researched for this Podcast: Elf (2003); The Zombie Diaries (2006).

Skimble is an Elf because Eva is the holiday ruler


Oh, the best laid plans of mice. This week's original guest was a last minute scratch, but fortunately Cool Movies Darth can count on family. ThePoeticCritic was kind enough to grace us with her presence to focus on the 2003 Will Ferrell classic, "Elf", and the near 20 years since that have been without a Christmas classic.
 

 

I am still working with Michael Dubois to come with a time to discuss 2019's "Ready or Not". It should be a great show since "You're Next" is still relatively fresh in my mind. That feature would serve well as a point to compare and contrast. The 2019 flick was being rewatched to prepare for the scheduled recording, and I am picking up the finer details about the film. Whenever we get to record our next ode to Samara Weaving, there is a sense it might be one of best episodes.

But ThePoeticCritic never fails to impress.

She had just gotten around to seeing "Elf". The feature impressed her (5 stars) which surprised me. With all its fanfare, I find it hard to not feel like it had been shoved down our throats for the past 18 years. ThePoeticCritic does point out, it may feel overrated because Hollywood has failed to provide us with another feature to honor the holiday.

I should have asked if Marvel has ruined Christmas.

Perhaps streaming services needing seasonal features is where the next memorable holiday feature will end up. She did say "8-Bit Christmas" was a good bit of fun. Being the only Captain N cosplayer, I guess I am obligated to see it. But every couple of years in the '90s (if not the '70s and '80s as well), we got a memorable Santa-related picture. In other words, Hollywood is just unwilling to make a mid-budget feature any more for the big screen. Fortunately, Santa has delivered TPC to this earth, and she will happily guide you to the means to fill that holiday void.

As for horror movies, that brings us to Ally's Accessories Shop on Etsy's Trash Features Revue. She could not find a movie starting with "Z", but when she has spent over $260 on movies for me to breakdown, I shan't hold that against her. With a little extra effort, 2006's found footage zombie feature that is nothing like George A. Romero's "Diary of the Dead", "The Zombie Diaries" got a couple hours of my time. That is a jab at the fans of the British feature who cried foul of Romero's similar concept, not of the feature's quality.

My Twitter account is @catbusruss. This is where I want your hate to be directed if you disapprove. Otherwise, positive feedback would be best displayed as subscriptions to my podcast and five-star reviews. Lets work that algorithm.

If you think you have a film or franchise that you are an expert on. Send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com. Most franchises have at least one feature that will qualify for NinetyForChill. The runtime just needs to be between 74 and 99 minutes. We have four episodes to fill.
 
I have been asking for weeks for assistance in composing an episode dedicated to vampire features like "The Lost Boys" trilogy, "Near Dark", and the "Underworld" movies. Here is to hoping that this bunch of critiques will stir up some inspiration in my audience to step up and hold off on the garlic. If this is a topic you up for discussing, feel free to send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com. All I need is a half hour on Zoom to get this done.

I hope I am impressing or at the very least amusing you with this podcast and I am open to any and all criticism. My biggest want is more guests and more suggestions on what to chat about (@catbusrussrussthebus07@gmail.com@coolmoviesdarth). If we can get 3 hours out of "Little Nicky", the possibilities are endless. Thanks for visiting.

After WrestleMania Backlash, I will tell you that we need to take zombie pro wrestling back. My suggestion is that we finally get my low-budget zombie movie, "Main Event of the Dead" off the ground. The script lacks a lumberjack match, so you know it has got to be better than the "Army of the Dead" advertisement. Ask for a treatment or give me suggestions on how to get it to a crowd-sourcing stage with an email to russthebus07@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...