Monday, February 15, 2021

NinetyForChill.com: The Podcast Episode 6: Henry Never Died

Films Researched for this Episode: Wrong Turn 2 (2007), The Colony (2013), Antibirth (2016), and Dreamland (2019).

Another sketch for when we move on to Apple and Spotify

NinetyForChill.com: The Podcast

Episode 6: Henry Never Died


Read more: https://html.com/media/#ixzz6jIeBsAn5

We are back this week with a new full episode of NinetyForChill.com - The Podcast. This week, I talk with my friend Kodiak Thompson about the under appreciated talent and presence of Henry Rollins. When I said we were going to address Kodiak's favorite feature (and my second best discovery of 2019) "He Never Died", Mr. Thompson was ready to binge.

This ended up being a bigger challenge than I expected. Not many of the former Black Flag front man's sub 100-minute efforts are currently available streaming at a reasonable (free) rate. It seems that his debut performance in the Charlie Sheen take on the O.J. Simpson white Bronco affair, "The Chase" may be lost. Fortunately, it is not overly difficult to find montages of his performance in that flick, and my DVD collection allowed me to let him see the 2005 Project Greenlight feature, "Feast".

This was a pricier week for the podcast. Whenever I lend out a DVD, I use it as an excuse to purchase the film in HD. Then, discussing "He Never Died" made resisting purchasing that flick a pointless act. If I am going to buy the number two flick from 2019, it only makes sense to buy the number one ("Brigsby Bear") as well. But, those consequences were worth the great content that Kodiak provided.

A long with "He Never Died" and "Feast", we were both able to share our experiences with the "Pontypool Universe" when we watched the fever dream that is "Dreamland". I also get to discuss my Vudu freebie feature, "Wrong Turn 2: Dead End" and how it has lead me to seek out assistance in producing a podcast episode dedicated to Sean Bean (I am looking for volunteers to talk about the man who always dies. Email russthebus07@gmail.com).

And this episode also fulfills all my goals thus far. My review for the Natasha Lyonne starring horror flick, "Antibirth", covered my Cronenbergian suggestions. There is also a review for Stuart Gordon's aquatic horror effort (per Screen Drafts), "Dagon" that also mentions the body horror master. And "Ally's Accessories Shop's Trash Cinema" finally delivers an acceptable feature with the Lawrence Fishburne and Bill Paxton in "The Colony".

Hope you enjoy and thank for the support.


https://i.pinimg.com/564x/29/d0/91/29d091965f2a9e69525add008cd5acf3.jpg


www.henryrollins.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are 138: "9 Dead"...We Wish

It is good to know that there are cerebral films being made that require nil in terms of special effects, gore, or action. That statement...