Sunday, March 3, 2019

MFK: Wisdom Teeth, A Livable Wage, Commitment...more tasteful a take on Roe v. Wade

What is worse: crappy coworkers or being poor?

Working in the hospitality industry, being poor. My experience is that you are either underpaid and abused by the guests or overpaid and abused by management. Since moving to Champaign/Urbana, developing an exit strategy is a must just to stay sane.

It kind of makes me feel out of place. The Peoria attitude made it so staying there was spirit crushing. I could have probably gotten a great deal of hours working in hospitality to afford to stay there, but alienation would not be worth it. That is sad because there are a lot of things about the town I love, but no one to love it with.

That vibe kind of sums up living in CU, at least for me. It is my fault in that case. I traded the search for a lovely last call lush for a crafty Christian crazy (sorry, love the alliteration). The lifestyle is not bad (twice the cats), but there is culture that I am missing out on, and paying the price for. Making the same living down here as I was in the HOI will not allow me to enjoy said culture even if I was not covering shifts for crappy coworkers.

Read the rest of this blog and other stories at Main Event of the Dead.com and determine if this thought process can be translated into a B-movie comedy about pro-wrestling zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Coraline" in 12 Parsecs & Super Mario Bros. 93

Ninety For Chill: The #Podcast with @CatBusRuss Episode 159: "Coraline" in 12 Parsecs with HappyBeebsMeowMeow It is never too late...