Friday, February 21, 2020

Rob Zombie's "Halloween": Treats, but No Tricks.

In 2009, Rob Zombie is the only gorenographic director I had not give a chance to. I was originally psyched about him getting behind the camera because of his animation and outspoken love for the horror genre. Hearing about his battle with the MPAA over his debut "House of a 1,0000 Corpses" also fueled this interest, but with the time between the rumors and release being lo long, I thought the film's delays were based around it not being any good.

Everything that I have seen from H1K only seemed to be disturbing, not necessarily gory. I thought it just seemed sloppy. Yes, that may be due to not watching the film from its beginning. Regardless, I was not inspired to see the sequel "The Devil's Rejects". If I was not going to see the film that was the basis for "Rejects", it would not be fair to myself to be lost in that tale.

Needless to say, I did not want to initially see him take on "John Carpenter's Halloween", an undisputed classic. Fortunately, it seemed like he took the right approach by giving Michael Myers a back story that most of my friends praised, but this did not reduce my skepticism.

It was going to take more to entice me to see a Rob Zombie flick. Unfortunately, the plot discoveries from the sequel and knowing Zombie did not want to initially direct a sequel to his vision, I spent my nine dollars on another 3-D horror flick that October. To bring order back to the cinema, I have to want to see Zombie's "Halloween" sequel. To do that, I will have to approve the original remake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Coraline" in 12 Parsecs & Super Mario Bros. 93

Ninety For Chill: The #Podcast with @CatBusRuss Episode 159: "Coraline" in 12 Parsecs with HappyBeebsMeowMeow It is never too late...