Wednesday, February 19, 2020

TNA Is Worth Noting: The Disgruntled's Real Tag Team Championship History

IF ONLY I RECEIVED HATEFUL EMAILS AND TWEETS (@mainventzombie).

I am not saying that Impact is not a World Championship.

I am leaning to saying that it is not, but The Pride and The Powerful and the Lucha Bros both had a cup of coffee there. And when it comes to Total Nonstop Action, the Dudleys had shown they showcased the importance of three championships already.

As I reviewed that statement in my last blog, in turn out my assumption was false. It surprised me how little contract disputes have not booked Ring of Honor into corners (and that is post Gabe Sapolsky). Sadly, it did not surprise me WWE just forgot to book these titles after they consolidated their titles with a admirable history. Admirable, unless you see it as an Attitude Era Redux. After the Carlito and Primo held them, only The Miz was established in the time of TV-PG.

21st to Last Real World Tag Team Champions:
TNA Tag Team Champions: The World Tag Team Champions of the World (2) [Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian] - 6/28/12 to 10/14/12

Ring of Honor's tag team renascencee has a few months before it begins. I had forgotten that The Colons (Primo and Epico) were even WWE champions for three months. Sandwiching their reign was Kofi Kingston and midcard weight R-Truth and Evan Bourne. The NWA had seeming dominant world champions, but it seemed like that was a result of not booking the championship rather than defending it successfully.



No IWGP?


If you tag with Karl Anderson, the West will want you back. But, there has never been a time when I think New Japan tried to show that their belts were more important than the Ring of Honor version. Having their World Champion defend his title successfully against the ROH's is why I considered that belt to be part of American wrestling. I cannot recall when the tag team title was booked in the same manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Coraline" in 12 Parsecs & Super Mario Bros. 93

Ninety For Chill: The #Podcast with @CatBusRuss Episode 159: "Coraline" in 12 Parsecs with HappyBeebsMeowMeow It is never too late...