Thursday, January 23, 2020

"Weathering with You": Good Anime, Questionable Metaphor

*Blog entry started on January 22, 2020.

I had the idea last year (perhaps two years) about the need for Martin Luther King to go...I probably should be more careful with the openings of my blogs. The Facebook preview might give people the wrong impression. Then again, why are we still on the Trump-supporting social network anyhow?

We let Myspace die for no reason. I guess if you are upfront about personal data misuse in the name of misinformation to amuse the shrinking middle class, it is okay. At least Mark Zuckerberg is being honest.

Last year's reason why MLK day sucked, my primary job was just the retail stuff. With bullshit sales using his name, the corporation was asking people to drive through ice and freezing temperatures for discounts. I am just saying, if most people did not get a day off for the celebration, those people would be a lot safer. As for this year, my list of blogs to promote was left at the job I had the day off from.

Not having my list meant I would be behind in getting the word out by half a week. But, with the Royal Rumble being worth the $10 (If my second Paypal account cannot circumvent records about my past subscriptions of course), there will be hash tags to attach my good name to through Sunday. It seems the good Doctor King is warranted a paid day off.

As for the weekend itself, there was not too much to complain about. Having that paid day off insured the retailer could not work me into submission, so two shifts there were fine. The weather did not keep my better quarter (Eva the Cat will always get half) and I from the cinema to see Makoto Shikai's latest feature on Sunday. And Monday was pretty chill as we went to bed thinking we had our living arrangement plans ready to be put in motion.

And on Tuesday, the girlfriend mentioned to me that she spoke of certain private elements of our relationship with her sister. I learned 12 years ago, you do not let your special partner in on the facts that your private details are being shared. You can share them, just do not make it a point that you went out of the way to embarrass the partner.

"Weathering with You" is a worthwhile anime, but a far too appropriate term to describe where my love life and living arrangements are. Thankfully, it gives me a way to quit focusing on me in this blog post.


@nikkei

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Coraline" in 12 Parsecs & Super Mario Bros. 93

Ninety For Chill: The #Podcast with @CatBusRuss Episode 159: "Coraline" in 12 Parsecs with HappyBeebsMeowMeow It is never too late...