Sunday, May 19, 2019

Schrodinger's Cat: Rationalizations of an Existentialist (Part 8: Youth is wasted on the loud)

The problem with having a cat as a birthday gift is that you tend to have the same annual health related appointments. To Eva's credit, my blood work at age 33 (maybe I'll find a way to get out of it at 34) is my fault. But soon it will be prostate exams every year, and to Eva, I am sorry. I will not stand for her not getting her temperature taken at the vet.

Rationalization 20: Birthdays are for Essential Anal Invasion

Another birthday, and it reminds me of my perceived insignificance. Harold Ramis and Tim Wilson's passing the week of it reminds me of how little impact I've had from a creative standpoint. Ramis had the brains for it, so I can't say his success wasn't overly surprising, but Tim Wilson (smart, but not a Lampoon) was about dedication. I also think it had to be about being given opportunities and friends who remembered returning favors.

I can't say that I've been one to leave the impression of, "You better get me back," but I've always busted my ass for anyone who has asked (provided I haven't worked 6 days in a row...without the promise of promotion), so I'm not afraid to say I'm a bit frustrated that trying to be a good person is never rewarded.

Rationalization 21: Facebook is for Self Importance.



Read the rest of this blog and other stories at Main Event of the Dead.com and determine if this thought process can be translated into a B-movie comedy about pro-wrestling zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Coraline" in 12 Parsecs & Super Mario Bros. 93

Ninety For Chill: The #Podcast with @CatBusRuss Episode 159: "Coraline" in 12 Parsecs with HappyBeebsMeowMeow It is never too late...