Thursday, December 19, 2019

How to Watch "Star Wars" - The MCU Order

It is safe to say that I am a "Star Wars" nut who has attempted to express my love for the franchise at fanatical levels. Fanatical in the sense, that if you look at my theatrical viewing history (when I have been single), you can see that I am very forgiving of what many fans will consider low points.
  • Episode IV: A New Hope (1982 reissue): 1
  • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1982 reissue): 1
  • Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983 original release): 11. I do not know what that says about my parents. They always "complained", but never denied this three year-old.
  • Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1985 reissue): 2
  • A New Hope: Special Edition: 5. It made Spanish class on Monday's easy. What did you do last weekend (en espanol)?
  • Empire Strikes Back Special Edition: 2
  • Return of the Jedi Special Edition: 1. I then turned 17, so the world of R-Rated cinema took my attention away.
  • Episode I: The Phantom Menace: 12ish (3 viewing including premier and 2 opening day). All the classic movies of 99 came out in the fall, so do not hold this against me. I saw "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" instead of "Wild Wild West" opening weekend, so I deserve some credit despite "Phantom" being my regular Saturday night thing. My dedication to the Church of Lucas needed be expressed. Thank God for "ECW on TNN" to change this up.
  • Episode II: Attack of the Clones: 3 (including premier). Bad acting is worse than child acting in terms of Anakin Skywalker.
  • Episode III: Revenge of the Sith: 2 (including premier). I was drinking six nights a week and had lost my virginity just seven months before the release. Temptations man.
  • The Clone Wars: 1 (opening weekend). This viewing inspired the opening scene of my second untitled screenplay draft. Still drinking six nights a week.
  • The Phantom Menace 3-D: 1 (premier). Was it out long enough to have seen it more than the midnight premier?
  • Episode VII: The Force Awakens: 5 (including premier and the next showing). After this feature, I have been with my better quarter (Eva the Cat gets half) for the last three releases.
That is 47 viewings, over half of them occurred in my adulthood. I may not be able to call myself an expert or maester like the crew on Binge Mode since I have yet to play all the video games and felt the Legends books pre-Phantom's release were just cash grabs. My fandom defines me as much as religion defines anyone not in the clergy who tries to be holier than thou. Justifies the imperial emblem tattooed on my chest.

What the Disney purchase of Lucasfilm has done is allowing me to become an addict to the fandom. A new movie a year to get pumped about, I find the sensations to be awesome. But what am I to do with this two-year gap that is about to occur?

Once "Rise" leaves theaters in March, the jonesing will begin. All because Disney dropped the ball on how to release these features. They thought they had another Marvel Cinematic Universe and it did not turn out that way, so it has to be restructured. If it is going to be restructured, why not base it off the MCU, and start doing the yearly reissues to avoid the goosebumps based on this.

Everybody wonders, with the mixed qualities among the "Star Wars" features, how is the proper way to introduce them. If we spread the quality about like Disney did once they had complete control of the universe, I think everyone will get over dialogue like "Are you an angel?"

Star Wars: A New Hope

(The Avengers [MCU 2012])
This means we are going to put "A New Hope" in the spot where "The Avengers" was. "Iron Man" was excellent, but the four films between that 2008 film and the 2012 did not feel like must view features. "The Incredible Hulk" was quick to include the Tony Stark cameo in TV ads. A liberal cynic is not going to immediately run to "Captain America: The First Avenger". Does it makes sense to incorporate gods into this universe? I think we were all just accepting "The Avengers" as being de facto "Iron Man 3". We enjoyed all the characters in that film, so we became invested in the MCU at that point, not anytime before.

Read the rest of this blog and other stories at Main Event of the Dead.com and determine if this thought process can be translated into a B-movie comedy about pro-wrestling zombies


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Coraline" in 12 Parsecs & Super Mario Bros. 93

Ninety For Chill: The #Podcast with @CatBusRuss Episode 159: "Coraline" in 12 Parsecs with HappyBeebsMeowMeow It is never too late...