Thursday, December 26, 2019

Contention, Toy Envy, and Blood Transfusions for Xmas


*Time of this passage: December 23, 2019


The last weekend was sort of a return to normalcy for me. "Star Wars" movie  and "AEW: Revolution" tickets on Thursday, 12-hour workday for Friday, Rivermen and strippers on Saturday; it was all the good things that I had left behind close to four years ago.

Fortunately, I cannot complain about Sunday in East-Central Illinois. Christmas with the better quarter's (Eva the Cat gets half) was a nice affair. The siblings did not go overboard with the gifts, the father seemed to have dug The Police Funko Pop! line up, and the little ones seemed to love their stuffed vintage Ty cats. They enjoyed them to the point that I was sort of regretting buying them. The youngest was chewing on a face while the biggest cuddled hers as she wondered round the residence with Monical's Pizza on a plate with their special dressing.

And I have been accused of being too rough on Shadow, Sherlock, Pearl, Pounce, Mercutio, Hobbes, and Sox. If you do the math, they had a life span of three years a piece, but they were treated as pseudo-pets not toys. I am not replacing these cats annually. If I did, it would eventually kill me to see them "grow" up from them. That insult to felines would by on my head.

The only controversy over the weekend (a side from me sneaking off to Big Al's when my girlfriend said she was going to bed before I got to the I-74 junction and in turn a lecture of what she would consider to be "okay" if we became legally responsible for each other) was when my girlfriend gave her mom an art print of Toothless from the "How to Train Your Dragon" franchise.
"Russ just bought the picture."
And helped pick it out (it was my third from a Wizard World B2G1) and framed it (speaking of responsibilities). If I go into the details of the frame price and make, I would just sound petty.

It is tough to write when you cannot really complain about anything. I would have liked more (scheduled) hours at the retailer this weekend (I had only requested Saturday evening off.), but why trade that for a sense of holiday sanity? Do I have things I want to say about "The Rise of Skywalker"? Yes, but do they matter four days since the debut? With AEW taking Christmas off (stupid "A Christmas Story" marathon), what do I have to say about pro wrestling right now. Maybe I should wear myself out and head to the AAW's Windy City Classic the night before a Columbus Blue Jackets road trip on Sunday.

Being content brings contention.

There is still 90 minutes left in the shift, and I spent too much money on iTunes last night. I am planning on skipping "Monday Night Raw" and I doubt "The Daily Show" will be new, so I may have a movie review. Which brings me to something to be ticked about. DVD.com waited till today to ship out my latest DVD, "The Room".

Friday was a business day. "Dr. Chopper" made it back to you on Wednesday.
"Your tearing me apart Netflix!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Coraline" in 12 Parsecs & Super Mario Bros. 93

Ninety For Chill: The #Podcast with @CatBusRuss Episode 159: "Coraline" in 12 Parsecs with HappyBeebsMeowMeow It is never too late...