Friday, February 7, 2020

MFK: Weekends in Sapporo, Jack Huston, Maise Williams

*Written of February 3, 2020

It was a fairly uneventful weekend. In other words, I had to devote time at the retailer during the Super Bowl. But, at this point, I am only in it for the commercials. With that said, Maisie Williams "Let It Go"/Audi commercial is the official death of Arya Stark. That is what is west of Westeros.

Pinterest - Anton Lu
My biggest problem with the Super Bowl is that it is treated like a global event. As "BASEketball" told us, the rest of the world does not have any comprehension of the American variant of football (rugby where head trauma is encouraged) but are amused by the miracle of flickering color pictures. With how our country is falling into a dictatorship, I really wish the other inhabitants of the planet would counter program the big game with a true football match. They are ignoring time zones to watch our game. Perhaps they are the ones who are truly amused by the commercials.

My Sunday may have been a wash, but I did enough to amuse myself after clocking out at 6:03 pm on Friday. I stocked up on chicken wings and hot sauce (Nando's, Franks and Hooters), concluded my efforts to cut down on my "Family Guy" DVD efforts (only managed to dismiss two volumes from the nine I had [I did not look to remove the "Star Wars" parodies or "Partial Terms of Endearment"]), and finally watched Timur Bekmambetov's take on "Ben-Hur".

No comments:

Post a Comment

CatBusRuss in the Quad Cities 2026: QC Fright Con & Planet Funk Con 2026 - Day 2 & Ninety For Chill in East Moline

I Dig Crazy Flicks with @CatBusRuss Episode 276 - QC Fright Con & Planet Funk Con 2026 vs. Scanner Cop 2 ⁠ CatBusRuss   is worn out. He ...