Monday, April 3, 2023

NinetyForChill: The #Podcast with @CatBusRuss: #C2E2 2023: #Toys, Celebrities, & #Movie Bitching

 NinetyForChill.com: The #Podcast...with @CatBusRuss

Episode 114: #C2E2 2023: #Toys, Celebrities, & #Movie Bitching

Eva posing to prevent me from my next road trip

#C2E2 2023: #Toys, Celebrities, & #Movie Bitching

"NinetyForChill: The #Podcast with @CatBusRuss" is officially reborn. It kind of seems appropriate that we celebrate the festivities with another festival, the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo. The headliners (Chris Evans, Zachary Levi, Tenoch Huerta, etc.) are not usually featured in films that are common to this podcast, but their stories are worthwhile listens that may inspire. For the likes of CatBusRuss and ThePoeticCritic, their primary reason of attending is to just enjoy and embrace the nerd culture. ThePoeticCritic is there for the shopping and her "Supernatural"-obsessed boyfriend. CatBusRuss is there for the networking and the panels. Panels to burn down with his hot takes against maximalist cinema and how Bulbasaur is truly the 001 Pokémon. As for networking, 2023's event shows his weaknesses and his willingness to learn to open up. Come and learn about the fun and trauma that can be had at Chicago's premier geek convention.

Allow me to get out of third-person. Happy Prof. Shurtleff of Illinois Central College? I (CatBusRuss) will try not to make so much light of violent death in this summation. This is my declaration of changing perspective.

It has been a stressful few weeks. To get up to Chicago, my dad picked me up in Urbana for me to drive to Morton, spend the night, and drive his van up to Chicago with ThePoeticCritic. Fortunately, my car went into the shop to get the front bumper repaired yesterday, so I was able to borrow my folk's Pontiac Vibe to get back home. Even better, my mom understood the two loads of laundry since I have not been able to get back to the HOI for nearly a month. There were no complaints on her behalf.

Perhaps, it was also wise to give her a Funko Pop! from one of her favorite Disney movies, "The Jungle Book". Did that feature not have the most fun characters of any of their animated features until "The Lion King"? It was like "Bambi" on steroids.

Well, there is a possible podcast topic. It is tough to find the time to record, but I at least left with some leads for guests from the convention. And of course Easter has to be the immediate week after the con. I did not ask about individual denominations when I met people to check for availability.

I am still determined to keep up the podcast, but the past week was tough. Unless guests want to stay up late, Sundays are the only day that I am certain can be made for podcasting. With that said, if you have a movie or topic that you want to chat about, send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com.

I wish I had my Ativan prescription. From a mental standpoint, C2E2 was a journey. My biggest hopes were to network, but nerds are not that outgoing. If you did not bring your own crowd, you will feel like your alone in a one. The cost of agoraphobia is $110.

And then the floor closes way too early. I get it, vendors working more that eight hours is not fair, but if they do not line up something for everybody, every panel timeframe to encourage after hours attendance, you are too stressed to deal with it. Thank the gods for AEW Rampage.


The wisdom and the cool cosplay come on Saturday, so once I got my feet under me, it instantaneously got better. There was a great networking panel, I got to burn down Channel Awesome during "The Movies We Cannot Agree On" panel. It is good to feel like a heel again. And Sunday was filled with great guests who may have sold me back to the MCU.

Returning to the MCU despite ThePoeticCritic's friends on the "Junk Filter" podcast. "Black Adam" cannot possibly be compared to the Clint Eastwood musical "Paint Your Wagon".

There has not been any blogs the past few weeks, and I apologize. We still have content. Content through which I think I can still use Podbean ($108 this year), but time was also being used to establish the new branding "Ninety For Chill: The Podcast with CatBusRuss". If you have been depending on the blog to listen to the podcast (Allyson), here are the past, reissued episodes.


Follow me on Twitter @catbusruss. If you want to be on the show, contact me on Twitter or send an email to russthebus07@gmail.com. All we need is a theme, movie, director, or actor and a focus on sub 100-minute material. As long as the credits start before the 1:39:59 mark on the runtime bar, the movie qualifies.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Coraline" in 12 Parsecs & Super Mario Bros. 93

Ninety For Chill: The #Podcast with @CatBusRuss Episode 159: "Coraline" in 12 Parsecs with HappyBeebsMeowMeow It is never too late...