Monday, May 3, 2021

NinetyForChill - The Podcast - Episode 16: Disney, Pixar, and State-Run Streaming Services

  

Eva your commie, kitty comrade




NinetyForChill.com: The Podcast

Episode 16: Disney, Pixar, and State-Run Streaming Services (Just Press Play)

Read more: https://html.com/media/#ixzz6jIeBsAn5

I appreciate all the support that I have been receiving for NinetyForChill.com - The Podcast that on its Facebook page, but we have to move it beyond just expressing it and showing some follow through. Pardon if I come off as rude, but you have given me some great ideas for future episodes. Their your ideas and I want you to help express them.

If you have Zoom, come on the show. If you want to do it person, I am fully vaccinated.


With that said, the idea of a Danny Elfman and Tim Burton themed episode has been expressed on the Internet. I will not mention who I worked the concept out with, but I know others who are tempted to volunteer for it. Email me at russthebus07@gmail.com to find out more.

Another friend mentioned covering the filmography of Brian De Palma. That is a trickier concept because after "Carrie" he only has three films that fit the NinetyForChill parameters (74 to 99 minutes). But, one of those features is the Nicolas Cage starring "Snake Eyes". With a podcast dedicated to the campy, it may be a bit of a surprise to some that we have not covered this Coppola's work. The Coen Brother's "Raising Arizona" qualifies.



As for this week, I was not able to get a guest lined up. One of my friends is up for a vampire-themed episode, but circumstances dictate that we will have to wait to record it. So the goal of this episode is to be brief, have fun, and see if I can get this onto YouTube. In other words, I am taking a little conversation with ThePoeticCritic and seeing if I can elaborate on it for just under 10 minutes. This is my best attempt at satire on my show, so let me know if it works.



My older sister was discussing how only Disney's inhouse features are requiring a thirty dollar fee to watch them as new releases on Disney+. It seems the Pixar crew is upset that their releases, like the Academy Award winning best animated feature "Soul", lack the pomp and circumstance. This lead to me joking about, "If you want equality, we need a communist streaming service."

As it turns, I had the right numbers and came up with a way to fund progressive legislation via a government takeover of the first, best known, and the service that inspired the slang which led to the name of this podcast. It just felt good knowing that I am demonstrating more smarts than Tucker Carlson.

Sometimes I even amaze myself. I can only hope that I can do the same to you. This seems to be the right time to ask for the subscriptions and those five-star reviews on Apple Podcasts.

http://maineventofthedead.com/harshside/rohphone/07-08-2009%2007_18_34PM.JPG


I promise to have a regular show next week and thanks for hanging in there.

If you have any spare time, I would really appreciate it if you visited my memorial to Stacia Marie Hardin. She would have been 39 today. Stacia was the most giving and caring person that I have ever known and I would love to share her legacy with everyone I can.

And if you knew her, and had some more flattering pictures of her, I and I know her little brother Brian would appreciate them. She was beautiful, but she was not her profession at that time. Thanks.

russthebus07@gmail.com

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f7/04/d9/f704d906c7ac5b08441d02fcbee6cd1e.jpg

Bit (2019) - IMDb

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Coraline" in 12 Parsecs & Super Mario Bros. 93

Ninety For Chill: The #Podcast with @CatBusRuss Episode 159: "Coraline" in 12 Parsecs with HappyBeebsMeowMeow It is never too late...