Sunday, September 1, 2019

Resident Evil, Point Break and Why They Make Me Yearn for Anime

Summer 2009:

Some would say with the recent purchase of the Milla Jovovich vehicle "You Stupid Man" and my last three "thank god big sis is in bed, I got be up when?" flicks have been:
  1. "Resident Evil"
  2. "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" (I like to keep my sequels Russell Mulcahy free)
  3. "Point Break" - a film featuring Lori 'What fuck'n reason can prevent her from getting billed ahead of Gary "not Buddy Holly" Busey' Petty
That I am just missing the good times I had with the last girl who tried ruining my life who is not my mother. But I say, it is simply because the American distribution of anime is messed up.

Here are some tweets to support that from http://twitter.com/russthebus
  • Can anyone clue me into some great anime? I'd like to expand my late nite DVD selection beyond action movies.
  • Anime usually promises you action, and even if it doesn't deliver. The good ones will still draw you in.
  • Like Sailor Moon and Gravitation, the one about the up and coming rock star who discovers his sexuality. Gayest Tweet ever???
In high school, I would d save up what ever money I could mooch of my parents (basically skipping the popcorn and soda when I saw movies with the pals) to save up $30 to watch the next great anime. Most of them were action (I should say bad ass bitches who kick ass and just might get naked), and mecha (action with the awkward high school kid I could relate to), but you see previews before the tapes where animation can just tell mature tales (at least 13 and up).

Read the rest of this blog and other stories at Main Event of the Dead.com and determine if this thought process can be translated into a B-movie comedy about pro-wrestling zombies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Coraline" in 12 Parsecs & Super Mario Bros. 93

Ninety For Chill: The #Podcast with @CatBusRuss Episode 159: "Coraline" in 12 Parsecs with HappyBeebsMeowMeow It is never too late...