Sunday, September 1, 2019

The Last Hour of My Hospitableness

That may have actually ended three hours ago when a coworker who I never implicitly gave my number to (bless her memory if she got it from all the stuff I buy at my retail job) at my "there for the discount" employer requesting me to swap a shift with her on the day that will be my only foreseeable day off these next two weeks. For a communist, I guest I should appreciate Labor Day more, but a paid day off is all the praise I need.

Still, the money was tempting, but I will not reward her sense of entitlement that people should just take on her responsibilities. If anything, my willingness to work with people has been excessive today. It definitely feels that I have suffered the repercussions of skipping out my retail job 25 minutes early to get a meal in before my last hotel shift.

"You told me my room would be ready at three! My room should be ready. Why is it not ready?"

That bullshit was not directed to me, I was just trying to get ready for the shift.

"That smirk ain't funny. How can you think this is funny? Get the manager on the phone."

...

Read the rest of this blog and other stories at Main Event of the Dead.com and determine if this thought process can be translated into a B-movie comedy about pro-wrestling zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Coraline" in 12 Parsecs & Super Mario Bros. 93

Ninety For Chill: The #Podcast with @CatBusRuss Episode 159: "Coraline" in 12 Parsecs with HappyBeebsMeowMeow It is never too late...