Saturday, June 8, 2019

HOI Punk

It seems I got a tendency to get burned out at some point in the weekend. Even happened before my issues with depression. Drinking till I couldn't feel feelings was the remedy, but the bankruptcy and job status leaves me in an introspective rut. May just be beating myself up about leaving my copy of "SLC Punk" at my best friends this time.

I was meaning to review it for the next issue of 309diy (available at Co-Op Records or 309thezine.blogspot.com) since it's been 10 years from it's original release. The biggest problem is leaving it at the residence of two of the fellow writers after telling them my idea.

Stef might do the peace just to spite me (it's a best friend thing), and her fiance isn't much of a writer, so he could figure my idea would be easier than coming up with his own. If he did, I'd just find it funny to see him have the nerve to do something like that.

In the end, their two year-old probably prevents them from getting a chance to watch it.

Reviewing SLC Punk was something I was looking forward to since I couldn't recall ever watching it from start to finish. I've seen every scene, but never consecutively. Thinking about another awkward film experience, "True Romance" comes to mind.

Read the rest of this blog and other stories at Main Event of the Dead.com and determine if this thought process can be translated into a B-movie comedy about pro-wrestling zombies.

SLC Punk! (1998) - IMDb
www.imdb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Coraline" in 12 Parsecs & Super Mario Bros. 93

Ninety For Chill: The #Podcast with @CatBusRuss Episode 159: "Coraline" in 12 Parsecs with HappyBeebsMeowMeow It is never too late...